Articles on this Page
- 09/06/15--05:20: _Kate Winslet and Da...
- 09/06/15--05:21: _Little Mix - Barbie...
- 09/06/15--07:49: _ 72nd Venice Film F...
- 09/06/15--07:51: _Johnny Depp says he...
- 09/06/15--08:04: _Brandi Glanville de...
- 09/06/15--08:14: _Amadeus Cho is the ...
- 09/06/15--15:17: _Rebecca Ferguson, s...
- 09/06/15--15:18: _Professional Nobody...
- 09/06/15--16:10: _Flare Magazin Octob...
- 09/06/15--16:11: _Next's RL responds ...
- 09/06/15--16:19: _ONTD Original: Tayl...
- 09/06/15--17:19: _Mindy Kaling: B.J. ...
- 09/06/15--17:20: _In Not-Captain-Amer...
- 09/06/15--17:25: _Justin Bieber - Wha...
- 09/06/15--18:19: _nick jonas stays co...
- 09/06/15--18:20: _Cast negotiations f...
- 09/06/15--18:20: _Who is up for evict...
- 09/06/15--18:32: _ONTD Original: Top ...
- 09/06/15--18:34: _The Weeknd debuts a...
- 09/06/15--18:42: _Rita Ora Does Not F...
- 09/06/15--05:20: Kate Winslet and Danny Boyle at Telluride Film Festival
- 09/06/15--05:21: Little Mix - Barbie 'Raise Your Voice' Campaign
- 09/06/15--07:49: 72nd Venice Film Festival Pictures
- 09/06/15--07:51: Johnny Depp says he killed and ate his dogs because of Australia
- 09/06/15--08:14: Amadeus Cho is the "Totally Awesome Hulk"
- 09/06/15--16:10: Flare Magazin October Cover Star Lea Michele Wants to Fix Your Life
- 09/06/15--16:11: Next's RL responds to the Why You Always Lyin' meme
- 09/06/15--16:19: ONTD Original: Taylor's most cringe-worthy acceptance speeches
- 09/06/15--17:19: Mindy Kaling: B.J. Novak Gives Me "an Intoxicating Feeling"
- 09/06/15--17:25: Justin Bieber - What Do You Mean? - Behind The Scenes
- 09/06/15--18:19: nick jonas stays collecting that friendship cheque
- 09/06/15--18:20: Cast negotiations for Real Housewives of NYC
- 09/06/15--18:20: Who is up for eviction on Celebrity Big Brother UK?
- 09/06/15--18:32: ONTD Original: Top 10 songs by Freddie Mercury
- 09/06/15--18:34: The Weeknd debuts at #1 on the Billboard 200 with 412,000
- 09/06/15--18:42: Rita Ora Does Not Fancy Zayn Malik
- Fassbender and Winslet got great ink for their performance
- Boyle and Sorkin also got good notes
STEVE JOBS. Bold & dynamic filmmaking by Boyle/Sorkin. Great performances. Still chewing on it. Suspect I will be for some time. Impressive.— Brad Bird (@BradBirdA113) September 6, 2015
Photo source: 12
Twitter source: 123
OMG. I'm sf hyped!! :DD
Joshua Jackson and Diane Kruger attend a premiere for 'Black Mass' during the 72nd Venice Film Festival on September 4, 2015 in Venice, Italy.
Matthias Schoenaerts, Dakota Johnson, Luca Guadagnino, Tilda Swinton and Ralph Fiennes attend a photocall for 'A Bigger Splash' during the 72nd Venice Film Festival at Palazzo del Casino on September 6, 2015 in Venice, Italy.
Matthias Schoenaerts and Tilda Swinton attend a photocall for 'A Bigger Splash' during the 72nd Venice Film Festival at on September 6, 2015 in Venice, Italy.
Ralph Fiennes attends a photocall for 'A Bigger Splash' during the 72nd Venice Film Festival at Palazzo del Casino on September 6, 2015 in Venice, Italy.
Dakota Johnson attends a photocall for 'A Bigger Splash' during the 72nd Venice Film Festival at Palazzo del Casino on September 6, 2015 in Venice, Italy.
Actor Eddie Redmayne and Hannah Bagshawe attend a premiere for 'The Danish Girl' during the 72nd Venice Film Festival at on September 5, 2015 in Venice, Italy.
Actress Amber Heard attends a premiere for 'The Danish Girl' during the 72nd Venice Film Festival at on September 5, 2015 in Venice, Italy.
Actress Alicia Vikander attends a premiere for 'The Danish Girl' during the 72nd Venice Film Festival at on September 5, 2015 in Venice, Italy.
Drake Doremus, Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult attend a photocall for 'Equals' during the 72nd Venice Film Festival at Palazzo del Casino on September 5, 2015 in Venice, Italy.
Kristen Stewart attends the premiere of 'Equals' during the 72nd Venice Film Festival at the Sala Grande on September 5, 2015 in Venice, Italy.
Nicholas Hoult attends the premiere of 'Equals' during the 72nd Venice Film Festival at the Sala Grande on September 5, 2015 in Venice, Italy.
Stanley Tucci, Thomas McCarthy and Mark Ruffalo attend a photocall for 'Spotlight' during the 72nd Venice Film Festival at Palazzo del Casino on September 3, 2015 in Venice, Italy.
Actor Stanley Tucci and his wife Felicity Blunt attend the premiere of 'Spotlight' during the 72nd Venice Film Festival on September 3, 2015 in Venice, Italy.
Actor Mark Ruffalo and Sunrise Coigney attend the premiere of 'Spotlight' during the 72nd Venice Film Festival on September 3, 2015 in Venice, Italy.
Director Cary Fukunaga and actor Abraham Attah attend a photocall for 'Beasts Of No Nation' during the 72nd Venice Film Festival at Palazzo del Casino on September 3, 2015 in Venice, Italy.
Elizabeth Banks attends a premiere for 'Beasts Of No Nation' during the 72nd Venice Film Festival at Sala Grande on September 3, 2015 in Venice, Italy.
Actor Abraham Attah and director Cary Fukunaga attend the premiere of 'Beasts Of No Nation' during the 72nd Venice Film Festival on September 3, 2015 in Venice, Italy.
Jake Gyllenhaal attends the opening ceremony and premiere of 'Everest' during the 72nd Venice Film Festival on September 2, 2015 in Venice, Italy.
Diane Kruger attends the opening ceremony and premiere of 'Everest' during the 72nd Venice Film Festival on September 2, 2015 in Venice, Italy.
Jason Clarke attends the opening ceremony and premiere of 'Everest' during the 72nd Venice Film Festival on September 2, 2015 in Venice, Italy.
Elizabeth Banks attends the opening ceremony and premiere of 'Everest' during the 72nd Venice Film Festival on September 2, 2015 in Venice, Italy.
Alfonso Cuaron and Diane Kruger (R) attend the opening ceremony and premiere of 'Everest' during the 72nd Venice Film Festival on September 2, 2015 in Venice, Italy.
At a press conference for his new movie, a reporter asked if he was going to take his dogs out for a ride in Italy, Johnny said...
"No, I killed my dogs and ate them, under direct orders of some kind of, I don't know, sweaty, big-gutted man from Australia."*
Y'all remember when Johnny illegally brought his dogs into Australia, a land of beauty rich and rare and had to get them deported after not declaring them?
An ultimatum was offered to Johnny, he either fly the dogs back to where them came from or they get killed. I guess he hasn't let it go.
*this is a joke yall
- In 2013, Brandi Glanville made claims that Joanna slept with Mohamed Hadid (Father of Gigi Hadid and ex-husband of Yolanda Foster) while he was still married to Yolandaand claimed he told her that Joanna's pussy smells. In January this year, Joanna Krupa filed a defamation lawsuit against Brandi for these fishy claims.
- Last week Brandi's defense lawyers has shot some questions that needed to be answered by Joanna Krupa under oath:
- Lisa Vanderpump will testify under oath in this lawsuit siding with Joanna
ONTD, do you have a hygiene problem down there? Any experiences of smelly genitals?
- Amadeus Cho (of The Incredible Hercules fame) is the star of Totally Awesome Hulk, the first issue of which is out in December.
- Just like Jane Foster!Thor and Falcon!Cap, Amadeus will take up the mantle of one of Marvel's most famous heroes. Yes, the nerds are salty about this.
- Unlike Bruce Banner, Amadeus will love being the Hulk. Banner will still be around.
- Totally Awesome Hulk will be the third book in Marvel's current lineup to star an Asian-American superhero, along with Ms. Marvel and Silk.
- Written by Greg Pak and drawn by Frank Cho.
Thoughts?... Comic book post? What are y'all reading?
I have never seen interpreters sit right behind actors like this. I usually see actors using earpieces. This seems kinda awkward, tbh.
How ready are you for these Swedish actresses, ONTD? thethinkingmansblakelivelyforoscar2k15
Here's a gif for really really deep and not at all shallow reasons:
So, Nicole Arbour, of fat shaming infamy, has had her YouTube account "removed" for offensive content
But, as ONTD fave chescaleigh points out, her channel would say it was removed because it violated YouTube terms of service
This confirms she took her own channel down. YT would say why it was removed if they deleted it pic.twitter.com/y31ubz1WF4— Franchesca Ramsey (@chescaleigh) September 6, 2015
Chesca's twitter | Nicole's twitter
Lea Michele hates soda - the interview starts with the reporter enjoying a can of coke but gets a stern talk from lea michele about that coke cause soda is not green juice.
This is how lea wants you to fix your life.
1. Harness that you-ness. - Figure yourself out maybe dont get a Leanatic tattoo on your ankle though
2. Adding new experiences to your life will help you by pushing you outside of your comfort zone. - Like wear no make up for a role
3. Be your own person and create your destiny. - Call shonda rimes for that grey´s anatomy guest spot
4. It’s likely that you will have many role models. - Emma Roberts, Jessica Alba and Babs.
5. You will attract a good partner when you yourself are in a good place. - Can´t make other people happy if you are not, also she doesn´t want anyone to fill any holes for her
6. Be ambitious which can be a hard thing to do because it’s easily mocked in today’s culture—particularly for girls. - Stand up for yourself - be proud of your success
Update on the coke issue - Lea fixed the interviewers life.
At the end of the interview the girls hug it out. Shortly after the reporter sees a bunch of cokes in a cooler but applies the rules of life from Lea michele to herself and walks away from the cokes.
Her fav photo according to her instagram Source
Full interview here + all the pics Source
Any life advise you would like share ONTD ?
RL from Next (the orginators of the 90s hit Too Close) responded to the meme jokingly making his own studio recording of it.
What are some of your favorite memes ONTD?
Sadly, we live in a world where Taylor Swift is given awards all too often. Luckily, she remains embarrassing while accepting them! Here's her top four most cringe-worthy acceptance speech moments:
#4: The 2015 MTV VMAs (when Taylor tries to defuse conversations about the fact that she's built an entire song and video off of trashing another woman by talking about gender norms)
*op's note: it was really hard to find a video of her speech. She probably already had her team remove them all for copyright infringement.
“There’s been a lot of discussion about this video and what it means, but I’m just happy that in 2015, we live in a world where boys can play princesses and girls can play soldiers.”
#3: Every Win at the 2015 Billboard Awards (aka 20,000 hugs from Calvin & friends)
We get it. You have a boyfriend. We get it. You collect friends.
#2: The 2013 MTV VMAs (aka Taylor doing what she does best, exploiting her relationships and playing the victim)
Taylor wins an award for her "I Knew You Were Trouble" video. One that probably wasn't even written about Harry Styles and yet...
#1: The 2014 GRAMMYS (the time she thought she was going to win, but didn't! Bless us all!)
She lost! We were spared a speech...and that's why this is #1.
Sorry it took me so long, smittthhhh! #haylorisdead
Kelly and Ryan forever! Mindy Kaling says ex B.J. Novak gives her "an intoxicating feeling" http://t.co/kODsLs3UUB— Us Weekly (@usweekly) 6. September 2015
On people shipping them:
“When people say that, it makes me feel cool. Like, oh, people are thinking about me like I’m a character. We are so different and we fight a lot, but the gift he [Novak] has always given me is the utter and total belief that I am one of the greats. And it is an intoxicating feeling.”
You can watch 'Before We Go' on VOD rn.
Source 1, 2, 3
So have any of you guys seen it? i was surprised tbh. Not a rom-com at all and i was expecting a cheesy cliched mess. Chrevans was also looking particularly fine.
Even hotter than Cpt America imho.
cute & funny
Nick Jonas recently opened up about his relationship with Taylor.
- Says Taylor is fun to drink with
- On her squad: “It’s all about good friends and celebrating friendship, it’s such a positive environment to be a part of. She’s great.”
Original article at the SOURCE
will taylor let nick in her #squad?
Paraphrasing from source:
-- Bethenny Frankel's contract is in final negotiations, and will return.
-- Bethenny is trying to lure Jenny McCarthy into this mess, who is playing reluctant but will likely do it, because what else does she have going on when she's not shouting on social media about vaccines and autism?
-- Jenny McCarthy did concede "a lot of those bitches need to be slapped in the face."
-- Cool girl LuAnn de Lesseps and Princess Carole Radziwill are also negotiationg, asking for more $$$$$ this time around.
-- LuMann and Carole are still fighting offscreen and still banging hot barely legal boy toys, so the producers are eager to film it all and attempt another iconic season.
-- Princess Carole embarrassingly posted a pic of her and her young boyfriend on Insta with the hashtag "cutepairdontcare"
-- No contracts have been extended to Ramonacoaster or Kristen Taekman, because the execs and producers find them boring...
-- ... But Kristen may get another chance because of her husband's Ashley Madison scandal. The show has footage from the Taekman's 10th anniversary party and are dying to do a montage with a crying Kristen in the corner at the next reunion show.
-- Dorinda Medley will be back for being "lovable" and "just kooky enough."
-- Heather won't be coming back, THANK CHRIST, and it was an allegedly mutual decision.
-- No word about HRH Sonja Morgan, who allegedly had Hillary Clinton show up at her fashion show one time!
Who do you want to see return and who do you want to see leave, ONTD?
Stevi Ritchie & Chloe Jasmine
The American Housemates won immunity from nominations this week. Nominations were revealed on tonight's episode of Bit on the Side. We'll see the reasoning for them in tomorrow's main show.
Daniel was on point about certain housemates today on BOTS. Still wish Chris had gone home instead of him.
Freddie Mercury wasn’t only a gifted singer; he was also an engaging performer, a successful songwriter and producer. To honor what would have been Freddie’s 69th birthday, I decided to make a list of some of his best songs.
1946, Zanzibar, East Africa (current Tanzania). Farrokh Bulsara was born to a Parsi family originary of the Gujarat region of India. His father Bomi, worked as a cashier at the British Colonial Office. Nobody on September 5 of that year could have predicted that in a matter of decades, Farrokh, who spent most of his young life in a boarding school in Bombay, would become one of the biggest music legends of the 20th century: Freddie Mercury, rock star and front man of the equally legendary band Queen.
Since Freddie was an incredibly proficient composer for Queen, many of the band’s most famous songs were written or co-written by him, so I tried to stay away from obvious choices like the hugely known “Bohemian Rhapsody,” the iconic sport anthem “We Are the Champions,” early hit “Killer Queen” or the classics “Somebody to Love” and “Crazy Little Thing Called Love.”
Here you have my personal Top 10:
Liar is a fan-favorite song from the band’s first album, and it could take up to ten minutes when performed live. The song also contains a solo performed by bassist John Deacon, the most substantial solo he ever performed live.
The first two Queen albums were full of a mix of intricate harmonies, heavy rock sounds and lyrical variety, and Queen II is the embodiment of that. Selecting only one song from it was the hardest choice I had when making this list, as half of the album was written by Freddie and has great tracks. The Fairy Fellers Master-Stroke is probably one of Queen’s most unique songs, lyric-wise. Based on Richard Dadd's painting by the same name, it features complex arrangements around a backing track of piano, bass guitar and drums, and also includes harpsichord, multiple vocal overdubs and overdubbed guitar parts.
It was performed live only a couple of times, but we never had a recording until 2014. Give this song a listen and then try listening to the live version, it’s worth it.
Slower than most of the songs in this list, Lilly of the Valley is a piano-led ballad with all vocals done by Freddie. Its lyrics reference the song “Seven Seas of Rhye” and it is musically connected to the track “Flick of the Wrist,” also written by Mercury.
I almost used this space to include another Queen II song (because that albums deserves it), but I decided to include Death on Two Legs just to have another side of Freddie's songwriting. The song shows his most aggressive lyrics, as it was dedicated to the band's ex-manager, who was reputed to have mistreated Queen and abused his role as their manager from 1972 to 1975.
The most iconic Freddie song of this album was Bohemian Rhapsody. However, the second best song of the album (or the first one, as some fans would argue), was Brian May's "The Prophet's Song."
From the album that brought Queen another iconic single, “Somebody to Love.” “The Millionaire Waltz” is Queen doing what they did best: another multi-key and multi-meter song like “Bohemian Rhapsody”, with abrupt arrangement changes and multi-tracked guitar choirs.
A weird song made with mostly made-up words. The only discernible phrases are “Mustapha,” “Ibrahim,” “Allah we pray for you” and “alaikum salaam.” It was released as a single in Germany, Spain, Yugoslavia and Bolivia in 1979.
Not as "obscure" as some of the songs in this list. ‘Princes of the Universe’ is a cult favorite, given that it was the theme song of the film Highlander. However, it was never released as a single in the US or in the UK, even though it gained popularity in video channels.
I personally love Freddie Mercury and Montserrat Caballe’s album “Barcelona,” so I couldn’t make a list of Freddie’s best songs without including at least one song from there. The Golden Boy is the only song in this list where Mercury isn’t featured as the only writer, as it was an effort between him, Mike Moran and Tim Rice. The gospel choir is a highlight.
If you have the chance, listen to the re-orchestrated version of Barcelona.
Criminally underrated. "The Miracle" brought back what Queen had been lacking for most of the 80s, after a series of mostly okay album. While “I Want It All” is probably the most famous song out of the album, “Was It All Worth It” can easily give it a run for its money. It is a throwback to Queen’s 70s sound and just delightful all around, even including gong and timpani in its instrumentation.
The last song fully composed and recorded by Freddie. It was inspired by the views from his apartment in Montreux, Switzerland, and has a psychedelic, dreamy feel to it. The video was produced after his death and displays Freddie’s written notes for the song and images and clips from his life.
Sources: 1, 2, myself
Favorite Freddie Mercury/Queen song? Agree/disagree with the choices? Remember the first time you heard Freddie's voice? I was planning on doing this yesterday but I had no time.
- of 412,000, pure album sales were 326,000
- had the SECOND largest debut of the year (behind drake's IYRTITL)
- halsey sits at #2 with badlands
hello, this is my first post!!!!
so ontd, what's ur fav song off of BBTM? (also damn at the weeknd jumping from 95k in his debut week from his last album to 400k this time)
Interviewer brought up a few celebrities and Rita was enthusiastic about them all until Zayn. She suddently went silent.
Rita finally responded with "Zayn, he's gorgeous, but, I just..." and goes silent again.
When asked if she would date Zayn Malik: "That can't happen... we're on the same management team, too close to home that, but no, he's great."
Would you date professional fuckboy Zayn Malik despite his recent actions and chicken legs, ONTD?