Articles on this Page
- 08/30/15--20:54: _In case you missed ...
- 08/30/15--20:54: _Miley Cyrus Dooo It...
- 08/30/15--20:54: _Jake Arrieta throws...
- 08/30/15--20:54: _Rebel Wilson Makes ...
- 08/30/15--21:33: _Carmen Carrera and ...
- 08/30/15--21:34: _Justin Bieber "crie...
- 08/30/15--21:41: _What celebrities ha...
- 08/30/15--21:41: _Chance the Rapper c...
- 08/30/15--21:42: _ONTD Original: 5 Ye...
- 08/30/15--22:02: _MTV (and ONTD's) Ch...
- 08/30/15--22:28: _Gay Icon, @NickJona...
- 08/31/15--06:45: _Tyga "Stimulated" M...
- 08/31/15--06:45: _Troye Sivan - Fools...
- 08/31/15--06:46: _Fear The Walking De...
- 08/31/15--06:47: _Kathy Griffin Shade...
- 08/31/15--07:08: _Taylor Swift and Ni...
- 08/31/15--19:07: _Heroes Reborn teasers
- 08/31/15--19:07: _New Promo for The F...
- 08/31/15--19:28: _Gotham Sneak Peek.
- 08/31/15--19:34: _switched at birth 4...
- 08/30/15--20:54: In case you missed Kanye's TED talk
- 08/30/15--20:54: Miley Cyrus Dooo It! Music Video
- 08/30/15--21:33: Carmen Carrera and Her Boyfriend Will Appear On 'Couples Therapy'
- 08/30/15--21:34: Justin Bieber "cries" after his performance
- 08/30/15--21:41: Chance the Rapper calls out Miley's racism at the VMAs
- 08/30/15--22:02: MTV (and ONTD's) Chescaleigh encounters #AllLivesMatter at the VMAs
- 08/31/15--06:45: Tyga "Stimulated" Music Video ft. Kylie Jenner
- 08/31/15--06:45: Troye Sivan - Fools Teaser
- 08/31/15--06:46: Fear The Walking Dead 1x03 promo
- 08/31/15--06:47: Kathy Griffin Shades Demi Lovato, Demi Claps Back
- 08/31/15--07:08: Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj performing #VMAs 2015
- 08/31/15--19:07: Heroes Reborn teasers
- 08/31/15--19:07: New Promo for The Flash & Arrow
- 08/31/15--19:28: Gotham Sneak Peek.
- 08/31/15--19:34: switched at birth 4x13 promo
I understand there was some kind of function going on on MTV tonight, but I don't know anything about that because I am a Cubs fan and was too busy watching Jake Arrieta hit a no-hitter:
Jake Arrieta struck out the side for his 1st no-hitter & MLB-leading 17th win. Watch final out http://t.co/Ob0qnb47Ic— ESPN (@espn) August 31, 2015
This is the 2nd time the Dodgers have been no-hit in the last 9 games.
Cubs manager Joe Maddon had earlier decreed that everyone would fly home on the ride back to Chicago in pajamas, so Arrieta was wearing his best onesie for the post game interview:
Jake Arrieta ladies and gentlemen pic.twitter.com/r1YcWDGaeP— Jesse Rogers (@ESPNChiCubs) August 31, 2015
In other news, Curt Schilling who was suspended from ESPN for being a huge piece of shit, was replaced by Jessica Mendoza, former gold medal winning Team USA softball player, being the first woman ever to do baseball commentary for ESPN. SHE DID A FANTASTIC JOB, ESPN, PLZ KEEP HER IN AND SEND SCHILLING TO THE LANDFILL WHERE HE BELONGS. (her first game was Monday, but tonight was her first Sunday Night Baseball. #relevant
EDITED TO ADD BECAUSE OMG THESE QTS:
The Cubs get ready for their late plane ride by wearing onesies. What a night for that team. (via arizz_44/Instagram) pic.twitter.com/MI7uSyqeb4— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) August 31, 2015
"I know a lot of people have problems with the police but I really hate police strippers!" *shows Fuck Tha Police Strippers shirt*
eaux at that person, joe budden?, talking to her. is he threatening her?
Lol at him doing his best Chris Brown impression. From the budget dance moves to biting his Beautiful People performance to the crocodile tears.
A post on reddit today has sparked a few discussions about various celebrities that people have met. It's one thing to meet a celebrity for an autograph, or a convention, but some users had interesting critiques from working directly with them.
From one user:
• Daniel Radcliffe - utter sweetheart, so professional with a wicked sense of humour. He's completely tiny though and chain smokes like a motherfucker.
• Mariah Carey - total out of touch with the world. Insisted on being interviewed by candlelight and in a silk nightgown. She has no idea of the real world and no concept of anything outside of hers.
• Douglas Booth - really pleasant to interview and work with but super bland. He's just the walking embodiment of the colour beige and coddled by his agents. However, I hear he's finally loosening up and hopefully will finally stop being a giant box office flop.
• Kit Harrington - absolute flirt with a huge drinking problem. I worry for him going off the rails or getting into an accident as a result of how heavily he drinks on a daily basis.
• Tom Cruise - one of the nicest (if most intense people) I've ever spoken to but he makes an effort to speak to every single person on set, remembers their names and makes eye contact with everyone (some many so-called "celebrities" think they're above basic human interaction) Worked with him a few years later and he remembered our first meeting.
• Jeremy Irons - totally intense and gave off a slightly crazy vibe. Then two weeks later he interviews with someone else and confesses he was briefly infatuated with his son Max (who is wonderful to work with/interview) and that gay marriage would lead to fathers marrying their sons for property reasons...
• Kate Moss - utterly coked off her tits when we worked with her (quite a few years back), started complaining about the little girl who was playing in the corner of the studio and asking everyone to get "that fucking girl to shut the fuck up" as it was "doing [her] head in"... Only to be informed that that little girl was actually her daughter...
• Emma Watson - Complained to her publicist about everything, but one on one is lovely (but I'm dubious as to how much that was "professional mode") Sorry. (ONTD was just speculating whether Emma was hard to deal with)
• Eddie Redmayne - really shy and polite to everyone (we were all convinced he was flirting with the male hairdresser but it turns out he wanted his details as he loved the grooming job he did on him that day and wanted to regularly use him in the future... However he is ever so slightly earnestly camp)
• Kate Winslet - hands down one of my favourites to work with. Drinks and swears like a trooper, makes time for everyone on set and doesn't complain about long shoot hours. She has absolutely no pretences on set. Have worked with her a number of times now and would jump at the chance to work with her again.
• Brad Pitt - just super bland. Can joke around with the crew and everyone really likes him but he comes across as a bit of a void. No complaints, but no overall lasting memories of him, just a meh shoulder shrug. I have a friend who has worked with him frequently over the years and is convinced he just adopts his current partner's personality/interests.
• Lindsay Lohan - now, I thought she was going to be an absolute nightmare. I was prepared for her not to turn up, be unprofessional/wasted, have crazy demands or things go missing from the shoot... The total opposite.
She turned up early, Starbucks in hand, went through all the looks with the fashion editor, seemed really into it, shot the whole story without any complaints - changed into a dressing gown after each look so she could chain smoke about 5 Malboro's at once and made sure the smoke didn't get anywhere near the samples throughout the shoot (a nightmare if we have to return the clothes the same day)
The only real issues was that she wanted her own hair and make-up team (who can only seem to do hooker level make-up... But that was her one request for the shoot) and that no "major" designers would lend for the shoot once we clarified it was LL we were shooting as they didn't want their brands associated with her. Such a shame as I think underneath it all is a sweet girl who has just been totally screwed by her parents (the less said about Dina Lohan pimping out her daughter... The better - that is a HUGE scandal waiting to explode)
• Tom Hiddleston - really intelligent and modest guy. He'd just come back from a UNICEF event when we interviewed him and he was totally gracious about the whole thing. He also insisted on everyone else getting lunch before him and chatted to all the crew in detail about their lives. Would love to work with him again.
• Miles Teller - absolute asshole. He's so talented but just doesn't get that he'll burn his rep with so many people. He says exactly what comes into his head with no social filter - whether it's misogynist and he thinks it's just harmless flirting, or arrogant as fuck as no one has told him otherwise (he was also dumped by the Whiplash director for the same reasons and now won't be collaborating with him in the future)
Another user described his job as a tour guide for high risk activities in Hawaii:
I got to deal with Rihanna and her friends/family/entourage many months ago. She was generally a pain in the ass. Super demanding, ignored most of our instruction, and showed up super drunk/stoned. On the bright side, her bodyguard and some of her sober entourage were fun and pretty chill.
Yet another had frequent interactions with the two Supernatural dudes, as their barister:
Jensen Ackles - served him coffee on 4 different occasions, super nice and very friendly. Always made sure to ask about our lives and such and tipped well
Jared Padalecki - Served him coffee once, was super rude. Basically wanted nothing to do with my coworker and I
What do you think, ONTD? Do these observations match your speculations?
Source: AskReddit (What celebrities have you met and what were they like in person?)
These skits <— Chance The Rapper (@chancetherapper) August 31, 2015
The dreads <— Chance The Rapper (@chancetherapper) August 31, 2015
I think shorty said "my real mammy" <— Chance The Rapper (@chancetherapper) August 31, 2015
"Mammy" pic.twitter.com/kuwgo2lsNm— Chance The Rapper (@chancetherapper) August 31, 2015
White squad...— Chance The Rapper (@chancetherapper) August 31, 2015
There is a certain competition among female pop singers that is unique to the pop sphere. As media has fallen in love with pop stars over the last three decades, a pop lineage has taken shape, in which the 1980s are seen as a peak. To chase those old spectacular women of old, many singers have incorporated the sounds of the 1980s & early 1990s in their music. Here are the 10 best female pop albums of the 80s & 90s - today.
Carly Rae Jepsen - Emotion (2015)
This flawless album is the crown jewel of the retro music theme presented in this post. "Could actually have come out in the 1980s", "best pop album of 2015", "ONTD was so right on this album" are just some of the high praise that is well earned on this highly authentic throwback. (Note: Carly Rae actually lived through the 1980s. At age 29, Carly was alive a full five years during the eighties, and is the cool, quiet senior of the pop world.
Katy B - Little Red (2014)
Little known on the Canadian & American side of the pond, Katy B has made serious waves in her native UK. Before having worked with local Canadian band Keys & Krates, she made a fantastic 90s house influenced album. 2014 was a year rife for 90s house throwbacks, as this list will show...
La Roux - Trouble in Paradise (2014)
Real-life time traveler and visitor from the 1980s La Roux released a throwback album in 2014 as well.
Kiesza - Sound of a Woman (2014)
Again in 2014, Kiesza planted the flag for pop throwbacks with her viral video for "Hideaway", and followed it up with even more 90s influenced hit "Giant in my Heart".
Little Boots - Working Girl (2015)
Hard work pays off: another UK star, Little Boots gained minor fame in the late 2000s but truly came into her own as an indie synthpop group with 2015's Working Girl. In a year filled with fantastic albums, this album might not be Carly's Emotion, but it has the same feeling.
Tegan and Sara - Heartthrob (2013)
Indie darlings Tegan and Sara lit the way with their simmering standout, 2013's Heartthrob. These twin sisters brought a hint of the 1990s into the modern music scene and made embracing synthpop inevitable.
Lady GaGa - Born This Way (2011)
Highly controversial, Lady GaGa's Born This Way album set the modern blueprint of how female pop stars could look back and use the sound of the past to stand out in the present.
Bonnie McKee - Bombastic (2013-2015)
Hugely unsuccessful, Bonnie McKee's adorable music and delightful EP Bombastic show that the retro trend in pop is a passion project for many.
Betty Who - Take Me When You Go (2014)
In 2014, the Australian Katy Perry released the followup album to "Teenage Dream" that never was in the adorably throwback "Take Me When You Go". These are the golden days, indeed.
This list only has 9 items, ONTD... which album did you come here to see?
I've seriously never heard someone say "all lives matter" in real life. Trying to calm down before calling his ass out— Franchesca Ramsey (@chescaleigh) August 31, 2015
@_raviee I'm trying to calm down cause I'm here for work & the show is still happening— Franchesca Ramsey (@chescaleigh) August 31, 2015
We're seated next to him. Can't exactly walk away. https://t.co/Ey4yS1iAl3— Franchesca Ramsey (@chescaleigh) August 31, 2015
I just got "all lives matter" ass on camera— Franchesca Ramsey (@chescaleigh) August 31, 2015
So I made @tieoptional leave bc he was legit about to punch this dude— Franchesca Ramsey (@chescaleigh) August 31, 2015
Then when @tieoptional tried to correct him, dude had the nerve to say "they weren't all innocent"— Franchesca Ramsey (@chescaleigh) August 31, 2015
@chescaleigh I wasn't going to hit him. I just told him not to say that again. He stood up like it was going to be a thing.— Patrick (@tieoptional) August 31, 2015
I've tried uploading the video of this "all lives matter" smack down but the service in here isn't having it— Franchesca Ramsey (@chescaleigh) August 31, 2015
FYI I filmed more of the confrontation w that dude but twitter will only let me upload 30 seconds. But I have it— Franchesca Ramsey (@chescaleigh) August 31, 2015
Despite the audience drama the #vmas were really fun. It's rare that a show holds my attention but it was non stop entertainment— Franchesca Ramsey (@chescaleigh) August 31, 2015
ONTD fav Nick Jonas kicked off the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards off right, with an electric performance of his latest bop "Levels."
MTV/Viacom keep deleting the videos so enjoy some gifs!
The hardest working man in music wasted no time, dropping the music video for his latest smash just hours after setting the VMA red carpet on fire in his Star-Lord-inspired leather pant suit.
Paraphrased @NickJonas. @NewNowNext. YouTube.
High five from Jesus.
Excuse me while I throw up....
this sounds like his first ep
MODS this one has the source!!
So far the tally of dead/soon to be dead African-Americans is now 3. I just no. Ugh why do they even do this? You know I'll keep watching for Alycia Debnam-Carey, but I swear if more poc die, just don't okay. ONTD WHAT DID YOU THINK OF EPISODE 2???
Kathy Griffin didn't like Demi Lovato's performance of "Cool for the Summer" at the 2015 VMAs, and while even most Demi fans would agree it wasn't her best vocal performance, Kathy took things a step further and shaded the star on Twitter.
Demi had a Sponge Bob-inspired response while promoting ha new album.
PRE-ORDER #CONFIDENT ON ITUNES!
cameron is pretty amazing as jerome. bless this over the top show.
Bets on how long it will take for Mingo and Daphne to break up / how long it will take for Bay and Travis to hook up?