Articles on this Page
- 08/15/15--08:01: _Jack Ü (Skrillex & ...
- 08/15/15--08:15: _Kerry Washington & ...
- 08/15/15--09:21: _Bradley Cooper & Ir...
- 08/15/15--09:25: _Stephen Colbert cal...
- 08/15/15--10:12: _D23 Live Action (Ma...
- 08/15/15--10:53: _Queen Tatiana Masla...
- 08/15/15--11:17: _#ByeFelicia gets an...
- 08/15/15--12:11: _Gina Rodriguez cann...
- 08/15/15--13:00: _Helly Luv: Meet The...
- 08/15/15--13:00: _Watch Ed Sheeran pl...
- 08/15/15--13:01: _Sam Heughan Interview
- 08/15/15--14:30: _Civil War teaser re...
- 08/15/15--14:31: _Mads Mikkelsen join...
- 08/15/15--14:58: _PotC poster and Orl...
- 08/15/15--15:53: _LAPD Mad at Straigh...
- 08/15/15--16:20: _Miley Cyrus takes a...
- 08/15/15--16:52: _Major things happen...
- 08/15/15--17:01: _Daisy Ridley joins ...
- 08/15/15--17:26: _Colin Trevorrow dir...
- 08/15/15--17:43: _Black Lives Matter ...
- 08/15/15--08:01: Jack Ü (Skrillex & Diplo) get serious with PBS's Charlie Rose
- 08/15/15--08:15: Kerry Washington & others promote The Muppets
- 08/15/15--09:21: Bradley Cooper & Irina Shayk Continue Their PDA-Filled Trip
- 08/15/15--12:11: Gina Rodriguez cannot wait to work with Britney Spears!
- 08/15/15--13:00: Helly Luv: Meet The Kurdish Pop Star Fighting ISIS With Songs
- "As an artist my weapon is not guns, my weapon is my music," she said. "If I can fight against them with my music, then my song is as powerful as or more powerful than their weapons."
- Filmed a music video in a village near Mosul to inspire the Kurdish forces there fighting against ISIS.
- Has received death threats. "If my life is at risk but I can get the message to millions of people then that is a privilege."
- 08/15/15--13:00: Watch Ed Sheeran play Wembley tomorrow on NBC
- 08/15/15--13:01: Sam Heughan Interview
- 08/15/15--14:30: Civil War teaser revealed at D23
- 08/15/15--14:58: PotC poster and Orlando Bloom confirmed to return as Will Turner
- 08/15/15--15:53: LAPD Mad at Straight Outta Compton
- 08/15/15--16:20: Miley Cyrus takes a selfie while using the toilet
- 08/15/15--16:52: Major things happening for Disney Parks
- 08/15/15--17:01: Daisy Ridley joins instagram
- 08/15/15--17:26: Colin Trevorrow directing Episode IX
‣ Dilpo admits he's not a musician, but that in this day and age it doesn't matter.
‣ Skrillex and Diplo were outsiders in the dance music world and friends.
‣ Skrillex states that their music is forward thinking and they have no rules.
‣ Justin Bieber surrounded himself with people who were no good for him, but he's in a much better place now. Also claim that Bieber is the most talented person they have been in the studio with.
‣ Jack Ü never set out to make radio records, they make music for fans.
‣ Recorded with Arcade Fire during their recent Canadian tour (which may or may not turn into a track in the future).
‣ Diplo compliments Skrillex calling him a "rockstar" with superior mixing skills. Skrillex says he works better creatively the more ppl he is performing for.
‣ Breaking into the music biz is a lot easier now that youtube, soundcloud, & social media exist.
‣ Skrillex doesn't do drugs, goes onto further explain that with any large musical movement there has always been drugs (Disco & Cocaine, LSD/Marijuana & 60's rock, etc). Says MDMA/Ecstacy has always been around since raves began...as EDM got bigger, the drug culture came with it, but their shows are much more than that.
‣ Diplo says that they are both humble and thankful that people listen to their music and will continue as long as there is a fan base.
‣ They consider Giorgio Moroder the grandfather of electronic music with his 70's Donna Summer hits.
‣ They discuss other artists that battle with streaming services or distribution services and how they are wasting their time fighting. Jack Ü embraces new media platforms, says that fans aren't going to go buy your CD b/c you pull your music off a streaming service. The more you fight it, the more the audience will find a better, cheaper way to get your music.
‣ Skrillex claims that major labels have now made some full length songs into shorter clips on Spotify which severely limits the audience some artists can reach. Which sucks for the artist because they should have control over how their music is consumed.
Full interview embedded or @ the SOURCE.
I thought it was a pretty insightful interview on the rise of Jack Ü and the current state of EDM. Bonus Jack Ü Performance below:
Stephen Colbert recently published an essay for Glamour's September issue titled "Stephen Colbert Shares Why He Thinks Women Should Be in Charge of Everything." Admits it's "not my place to mansplain to you about the manstitutionalized manvantages built into Americman manciety," and makes a promise to celebrate women on his late-night show at the end of the piece.
- Begins by acknowledging the lack of women in late-night television and calls the current circuit a 'sausagefest': "It has been pointed out to me that I, like other late-night TV hosts, am a man. And while I'm happy to have a job, I am surprised that the world of late-night TV lacks a female presence, unlike sitcoms, which are packed with smoking-hot wives who teach their doughy husband a valuable lesson when he slips on a pizza and falls head first into a porta-potty full of beer. Check your local listings."
- Closes it with this: "Point is, I'm here for you, and that means I'm going to do my best to create a Late Show that not only appeals to women but also celebrates their voices. These days TV would have you believe that being a woman means sensually eating yogurt, looking for ways to feel confident on heavy days, and hunting for houses. But I'm going to make a show that truly respects women, because I know that there's more than one way to be one...Whoever you are, I promise: I'm going to lean in on this. It really accentuates my muffin top."
Read the essay in its entirety at the source.
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert premieres September 8th.
-Marvel: Captain America: Civil War will be the big focus from this studio with people speculating a debut trailer or snippets of the film. And we might see some more Dr. Strange info including concept art of ONTD's favorite lizard spawn Benedict Cumberbatch. There is also a low chance that Black Panther's director will be revealed too...
-Star Wars: More details of the upcoming film Star Wars VII will be announced revealing more character info, and maybe a clip as well. Extra info about the spinoff movies could be announced especially for Rogue One
-Everything Else: The Jungle Book and ONTD's highly anticipated film Alice Through the Looking Glass will take center stage, most likely some casting news will be announce including which fairytale movie they'll ruin next. Maybe expect some Beauty and the Beast as well.
SOURCE + Text written by me
The event will start at 1:30 PM EST! if there are any other websites liveblogging let me know and I'll add it to the main post.
"I don't think that any woman in this industry hasn't [experienced sexism]. I think we all have in various ways, and sometimes you can't even tell that it's happening because it's so ingrained in the way things are structured."
Maslany says she "can't even name the number of times" she's personally experienced sexism while working.
"Like being told, 'Let's not talk about that, sweetheart,' if I have an issue with being hit on by a 50-year-old when I was 17 and on set. It's never ending. Being put into this little outfit that showed my midriff in a scene where I'm supposed to be grieving the death of a family member, and it's like, 'Make sure that her belly button is showing' — it's just pathetic. It's so pathetic."
Maslany also told that she has been asked to alter her physical appearance, such as shaving her armpits.
"And wax my mustache. Which I refused to do!"(YAS GIRL)
"I'll do it if the part calls for it and it makes sense."
The Orphan Black MVP said she has seen changes in Hollywood, crediting people calling out the bullshit when they experience it.
"I can't imagine that it's going to stay stuck like this. I hope not! People are too upset, people are too pissed off and too many strong voices are now being heard. There is a big shift happening, and I think we are at the messy puberty stages of it right now, but I hope that at some point it becomes the default that every racial group has their own stories that are being told that aren't stereotypical." (Intersectional queen, y/y)
The phrase "Bye Felicia" was first heard in Ice Cube's 1995 cult-classic film Friday, and it eventually went on to become a popular Internet meme. Straight Outta Compton, N.W.A.'s biopic, provides a fictionalized version of the moment that phrase was first uttered.
Per NYMag: "A young Dr. Dre is in his room while a party rages in the crew's hotel suite. Suddenly, two armed men start pounding on the door — one of them is looking for his girl, Felicia. Dre slams the door, walks into the next room looking for Felicia, whom he finds fellating Eazy-E. Ice Cube, Dre, and Eazy-E grab some guns, reopen the door to confront the two intruders, and inform them that Felicia was too busy sucking someone else's dick to come to the door. After the two intruders run down the hall, Eazy-E grabs Felicia — who is wearing nothing but a hot-pink thong — and pushes her out into the hotel corridor by the head. As the door slams, Ice Cube deploys the very first 'Bye, Felicia.'"
The author of the article stated that the audience at her screening thought it was hilarious and the scene was "met with major laughs." She called director F. Gary Gray to ask how the scene came to be.
Apparently it was Ice Cube's son, O'Shea Jackson Jr's, idea and the scene was shot spontaneously one night. Gray's response: "That just happened to be a fun moment that we capitalized on during the process of shooting. Some people may feel like it’s the origin of 'Bye, Felicia,' but it’s a fun moment, a wink and a nod to the original Friday and a little bit of fun. It's one of the funniest moments in the movie."
She asked Gray how he was able to "reconcile the fun pop-culture reference with a moment of degradation" and he replied: "I wouldn’t try to reconcile it at all. If you're looking to be politically correct in entertainment, especially as it relates to comedy, that's the end of entertainment. If people want us to make entertainment in a certain way, you tell me how we should have shot the scene. That’s just an awful question. You know. It's like, if Oprah says it's a powerful movie, and we know how she feels about how women are depicted in film and entertainment and things like that — I feel like you're digging. We should be focusing on how the police are treating innocent American citizens. What about that? Let's talk about something as important, if not more important, if you really want to go there."
Read the whole article at the source.
credit to mistress_f for bringing this up in another post
Do you like this show, ONTD? What are you looking forward to in season 2?
Music video here.
Will you watch ONTD?
-On Outlander's wedding sex scene: "We're very aware that there was some anticipation about that scene, of course. Caitriona [Balfe] and I hadn't done many of those scenes before. I'd done a little on stage and in other productions, but it was very much about making our own discovery together. It's about two people discovering each other; it wasn't about playing a virgin or playing someone who doesn't know what he's doing. [My character] Jamie is also invested in it and he's kind of fallen for her already, or at least, is at the precipice of falling. It's about him really feeling every moment and it being very sensual. We wanted it to be very sensual. We didn't want it to be gratuitous or soft porn. I think, if you watch it, we don't really show an awful lot more than any other show does—in fact we probably show less."
-Talks about people in Outlander production who wanted to go far in wedding sex scene.
-Says craziest thing a fan told him was 'Ooof. That just did something to my ovaries...if I still had any.'
-Talks about catching a thief in dvd store.
The standalone film tells the story of resistance fighters who have united to steal plans to the dreaded Death Star. Today it was confirmed the movie will include Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Ben Mendelsohn, Donnie Yen, Jiang Wen, Forest Whitaker, Mads Mikkelsen, Alan Tudyk and Riz Ahmed at Disney’s D23 Expo.
The film is produced by Kathleen Kennedy, who said: “‘Rogue One’ takes place before the events of Star Wars: A New Hope and will be a departure from the saga films but have elements that are familiar to the Star Wars universe. It goes into new territory, exploring the galactic struggle from a ground-war perspective while maintaining that essential ‘Star Wars’ feel that fans have come to know. Gareth is such an innovative director and I’m so excited to be working with him and the extraordinary ensemble cast he’s selected for ‘Rogue One.’”
“Star Wars: Rogue One” will hit theaters on December 16, 2016.
Si, papito, I need you to get naked in space, Idgaf
I only really want this if Keira comes back too.
- Los Angeles police are upset at the portrayal they are given in the recently released 'Straight Outta Compton'
- They claim it not only makes them look bad but puts their safety at risk
- An officer who spoke to a banned source said the movie displays them as "beating machines" who brutalize inner city residents (lol i mean...)
- Former L.A. City Councilman Dennis Zine, who was himself an LAPD cop and headed up the Police Protective League, stated, “It’s a terrible time to release a movie like this. It adds fuel to the fire for hating cops.”
- Officers are bitter and believe Universal should have waited to release the movie (once again the white supremacy gotta remind us that it's never time for PoC to talk
about police brutality)
lolololololol me licking up these 'blue lives matter' tears rn
Do you ever feel the need to take a pic as you pee?
-Star Wars Lands coming to Walt Disney World at Hollywood Studios and Disneyland. Biggest expansion to date for Disneyland. Will include the Mos Eisley Cantina, Millennium Falcon ride, and a battle between the First Order and the resistance.
-Toy Story land coming to Walt Disney World in Hollywood Studios. Will include two new rides (a family friendly Slinky dog rollercoaster and a spinning alien saucer ride) along with Toy Story Mania.
-The name of Animal Kingdom's new land (Pandora: Land of Avatar) officially announced. Will include two rides--Flight of Passage and Rivers of Light.
-Kilimanjaro Safari adding new animals and will be extended through the night time next spring for "Sunset Kilimanjaro Safaris." Animal Kingdom is also getting a night show and will be a full day park.
-Soarin' Over California is being changed to Soarin' Around The World next year. Will feature some of the world's most unique natural landscapes.
-Star Wars Weekends being changed to Star Wars Season of the Force in 2016. During Season of the Force, Space Mountain at Disneyland will be changed to a Star Wars themed "Hyperspace Mountain."
-Opens in 2016. Fans will be able to meet Iron Man in Hong Kong Disneyland when the Experience arrives.
Which are you most excited for ONTD??
HEY INSTAGRAM! Coming to you live from #D23EXPO #starwars #theforceawakens (trying to keep my dress crease less!)
Welcome to Instagram, @daisyridley! #StarWars #TheForceAwakens #D23expo
Daisy Ridley is one happy camper #TheForceAwakens #D23Expo
sources1 / 2 / 3
She's so cute, I love her! <3
Today at D23, Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn announced that writer-director Colin Trevorrow will direct Star Wars: Episode IX, which is set for release in 2019.
While production won’t begin for a few years, Trevorrow is heading to Lucasfilm this year to begin working with artists and his fellow Star Wars directors. “Colin is someone I’ve been interested in working with ever since I saw Safety Not Guaranteed,” says Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy. “The power of that film paired with the enormous success of Jurassic World speaks volumes about his abilities both as a storyteller and skilled filmmaker. We are thrilled to have such an incredible talent as Colin join our family and step into the Star Wars universe.”
Trevorrow states “This is not a job or an assignment. It is a seat at a campfire, surrounded by an extraordinary group of storytellers, filmmakers, artists and craftspeople. We’ve been charged with telling new stories for a younger generation because they deserve what we all had—a mythology to call their own. We will do this by channeling something George Lucas instilled in all of us: boundless creativity, pure invention and hope.”
Star Wars: Episode IX will conclude the third trilogy of Star Wars movies that begins with Star Wars: The Force Awakens on December 18, 2015.
Now we know why he jumped off of Jurassic World train. I liked what he did with Queen Bryce's character so i have faith he'll do something good with Daisy
this is a really great article mark ruffalo linked to, written by miles johnson
-Jacqueline and Johnson were successful because they forced Sanders, one of the race’s allegedly more progressive candidates, to shift even further to the left.
-after the disruption of the event, Sanders released a detailed policy platform to address racial inequality. That would make Sanders the second Democratic candidate to release a plan to combat structural racism after being disrupted by black activists.
-It's nonsensical for black activists to try to appeal to staunchly conservative Republicans, who will never be anything more than apathetic to their needs and concerns. However, it makes a ton of sense to try to appeal to the candidate who has already expressed interest in aligning his policies with those of groups like BLM — and then pull him in even further
-the fact that a candidate running for the highest office in the country is at the whim of young black people, that has many disgruntled. If so, I would encourage those upset with black activists to hate the game, and not the player, especially when those players are incapable of changing the game’s rules — this disruption was a textbook example of civil disobedience.
Talib Kweli on Bernie:
“Just because somebody has a record of civil rights doesn’t mean they are automatically entitled to the black vote,” said Kweli, adding “It’s very possible to be progressive and still have no understanding of racial issues.”
"It might be uncomfortable for him to talk about the issues but he has a leg to stand on," Lil B said. "I mean, if he was marching for civil rights back then, he was protesting against segregation ... and all the youth, the black youth, should be able to hear him out."
"I think he handled it very classy," Lil B said. "There's some times when these people, they feel the need to speak and they feel like there's an urgency ... I think Bernie let them speak and its the admirable thing to do ... He didn't have security escort them off stage. That's another plus side for Bernie."
and this asshole.............
Civil right activists stopping a #BernieSanders speech is practically cannibalism. This isn't the way you appeal to a rational audience.— Cole C. Sprouse (@colesprouse) August 9, 2015
Also, BLM activists interrupting jeb bush
And if you want to read more:
what are your thoughts ontd? do you support bernie and his agenda? do you support the BLM movement interrupting bernie and 2016 contenders?
imo bernie's liberal stans are too damn much, acting like he's the second coming of christ.