Articles on this Page
- 08/07/15--16:00: _Free For All Friday
- 08/08/15--07:56: _Emma Watson on Fash...
- 08/08/15--08:28: _SENSE8 OFFICIALLY R...
- 08/08/15--08:29: _Taylor Kitsch talks...
- 08/08/15--09:40: _ONTD's fave will re...
- 08/08/15--10:13: _Star Trek + Termina...
- 08/08/15--11:02: _Microsoft Clippy, t...
- 08/08/15--11:03: _13 Forgotten Teleto...
- 08/08/15--11:03: _Tyga somehow had en...
- 08/08/15--11:04: _Kylie Jenner kicked...
- 08/08/15--11:31: _THE DIARY OF A TEEN...
- 08/08/15--12:07: _LGBT Activists urge...
- 08/08/15--12:07: _Did Tyga give Kylie...
- 08/08/15--12:15: _Asians on American ...
- 08/08/15--13:50: _Bill Maher talks to...
- 08/08/15--14:18: _Deaf West's Spring ...
- 08/08/15--14:19: _Halsey - BADLANDS (...
- 08/08/15--14:19: _Kanye West Announce...
- 08/08/15--14:32: _Ray Rice on Domesti...
- 08/08/15--14:32: _You're a "deviant" ...
- 08/07/15--16:00: Free For All Friday
- 08/08/15--07:56: Emma Watson on Fashion Industry and Gender Equality
- 08/08/15--08:28: SENSE8 OFFICIALLY RENEWED FOR SEASON 2
- David Bradley had this to say on the matter:
- and in more Game of Thrones news:
- 08/08/15--10:13: Star Trek + Terminator actor Terrence Evans dies at 81
- 08/08/15--11:03: 13 Forgotten Teletoon Cartoons
- 08/08/15--11:03: Tyga somehow had enough money to buy Kylie a car
- 08/08/15--12:07: LGBT Activists urge Beyoncé "#BeyBeAHERO"
- 08/08/15--12:07: Did Tyga give Kylie Blac Chyna's old car for her 18th birthday?
- 08/08/15--13:50: Bill Maher talks to Caitlin Flanagan on PC Culture within colleges
- 08/08/15--14:18: Deaf West's Spring Awakening is Transferring to Broadway!
- 08/08/15--14:19: Halsey - BADLANDS (Trailer)
- 08/08/15--14:19: Kanye West Announces Concert in Israel Next Month
I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!
No porn, nudes, spam, fighting, advertising, dickishness, huge browser slowing comments.
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
Emma Watson asks question to fashion designers about feminism.
Jimmy and Taylor giggle their way through this interview while Taylor tells the story of leaving his friend stranded in the car for hours while he meets with True Detective creator, Nic Pizzolatto.
That's right, smegma (David Bradley) will return to Game of Thrones as Walder Frey!... at some point. This has of course led to speculation that this might have something to do with LS.
“I do look forward to it, because I do love playing someone so irredeemable. "I’m afraid he makes me laugh because he’s so appalling that there’s a kind of dark humor in there somewhere.”
— Watchers on the Wall (@WatchersOTWall) August 7, 2015
An annoymous source has said there will be another "utter shock" in season 6. From the source: “Not only are the dragons going to be massive next season, but viewers are about to learn more about the mysterious creatures from the Lands of Always Winter … I’m sworn to secrecy, but I can assure you, the scenes planned will break the Internet.”
more over at source 1 + 2
can we make this a GOT/ASOIAF theory post? I hate how curious I am considering D&D don't know what they're doing, but there's speculation that the wall might be coming down. What do you all think?
Terrence Evans, Actor in ‘Star Trek,’ ‘Terminator 2,’ Dies at 81 http://t.co/y86GLbA2mR— Variety (@Variety) August 8, 2015
In Delta Heavy's new music video 'Ghost', Microsoft Clippy comes out of the Recycle Bin to take over the world with the help of a shitload of 90's nostalgia, kill Siri and BRING. SHIT. DOWN. as the flawfree bitch it is.
Due to the surge of Canada-ness on ONTD what with the upcoming elections, here is a list of relatively obscure Teletoon cartoons. They range from mildly popular, to having a small but dedicated fanbase, to straight up phantom. Some are Teletoon originals, while others have aired in other countries and on American television stations. Everything is before 2007 since that's when I stopped watching tho.
1.) SANTO BUGITO
Made by Klasky-Csupo, the same people who did Aaah Real Monsters, The Wild Thornberrys and Rocket Power. This cartoon featured the typical grotesque character designs and wild colours. It centres on a Mexican-Texan community of various insects, focusing on Carmen and her husband Paco (who are ants). I remember the female butterfly character who carried around her boyfriend, who is a motionless silent cocoon that wears sunglasses.
2.) CAPTAIN STAR
A British-Canadian production that starred Richard E. Grant (of Spice World fame) as the title character. Noted for being incredibly surreal, it explored themes such as propaganda, commercialism and various abstract morality lessons. Its major theme is ageism, and how the middle-aged Captain Star has been relegated with his crew (including HBIC in charge science officer and First Officer Scarlett) to a barren planet in unknowing exile, so that the government can continue on the Captain's legacy without showing the public how he has become eroded by time.
3.) TOAD PATROL
Following 8 young 'Toadlets' on their journey to survive in the Great Forest and reunite with their race. This series appears to be a simplistic children's cartoon at first, before revealing itself to have an incredible mythology, mysterious storyline, and a relaxed but deliberate pacing. Only 13 episodes were shown, and a produced but unaired second season cockblocked us from finding out WTF happens to the Toadlets. However, after 12 years, the second season is on Youtube - but not in English. There's also some guy who claims to have worked on the show, revealing that the original cast did in fact voice the unaired season 2 episodes in English way back then:PROOF
4.) JOHN CALLHAN'S: QUADS
Based kinda off the late cartoonist's John Callahn's life, where he was rendered quadriplegic after getting hit by a car while drunk in the street, this is probably one of the most non-politically correct series out there. The animation is incredibly rough, with stark character designs. The supporting characters are all afflicted with some kind of improbable disability - a blind man who doesn't seem to realize he's blind, a guy with razor sharp sickles for hands with low self-esteem, a disgusting pervert that is literally just a head on wheels, etc. Features Terri Hawkes as the voice of the main character's girlfriend, so you get to hear Sailor Moon spout incredibly explicit dialogue about lesbian sex.
5.) DELTA STATE
A series that used rotoscoping animation, marvel at the trendy early 2000's fashion. Following four amnesiac young adults with psychic powers (telepathy, remote viewing, precognition, and psychometry) who can enter a psychic realm called the Delta State, they fight the mind controlling Rifters who want to control the world. This series only aired 13 episodes of 26, but luckily in 2010 the full series was released on iTunes for download - it is no longer available except on Youtube. Original music by French DJ Kid Loco.
6.) NED'S NEWT
Probably not all that forgotten, but I stan it. Whacky adventures of boring every-kid Ned Flimpkin(sp?) and his 7 foot tall anthropomorphic shapeshifting newt Newton. With lots of adult-tinged humor and mile a minute pop culture gags, this series is classis 90's Teletoon.
7.) THE TRIPLETS
Apparently a popular children's book franchise, it follows triplet sisters who deal with an ornery old witch who sends them into fairy tales. Several animated series have been produced, but the one in the 90's that I watched I cannot find any evidence of, aside from the intro (it's in Spanish though).
8.) UPSTAIRS DOWNSTAIRS BEARS
A charming stop motion series about a family of bears and their servants living in Edwardian England, based off a BBC series from the 70's. The supposed voice actors don't have their imdb list this show under their credits, and there is only one clip of it I could find online.
An adaption of the children's books I was into as a 9 year old by Canadian Kenneth Oppel, detailing Shade the bat and his coming of age story and battle against various ~dark forces~. Features an interesting mythology and rather a lot of metaphysical content, like souls and the afterlife. Tenuous actual zoological information on bats tho.
10.) SAVAGE DRAGON
A hot ass mess of 90's cartoon and comic books cliches, based off a comic book. The comic is heavily violent and sexual, but the series was kid-friendly and toned down considerably. There are laser guns instead of actual firearms, not being able to hit female enemies, and an absence of blood. Basically, it's a dystopian Chicago that has a bunch of mutated freaks in it, and a green finheaded muscley guy joins the police force to help clean up the streets. He has a female normal human partner who you probably already guessed is his love interest.
11.) ANIMAL CRACKERS
Follows the anthropomorphic animal residents of an animal park and their daily lives, get to know thirsty Nice Guy Lionel the lion, asshole bully Eugene the elephant, and the flying obsessed Dodo.
12.) UNTALKATIVE BUNNY
Featuring a silent but very emotionally expressive rabbit who lines in urban Toronto. Nobody seems to ever comment on the bunny's lack of speech, but instead the series focuses on slice of life material, like joining a dating service, cleaning your house, and continually being disturbed by waiters while trying to eat in a restaurant. Sometimes ventures into the surreal though, like finding a baby-like creature in the woods who is very annoying and won't stop hugging things. The bunny's best friend is a single mom squirrel (also untalkative) who lives in a hollowed out tree in a city park. The bunny's mortal enemy is a very surly blue emu who has one hell of a glare. One interesting thing is how human characters are never explicitly shown or animated. Any time they do appear, it is as out of focus and unmoving backdrops while they speak.
13.) SPICY CITY
Originally airing on HBO, this was an adult cartoon that featured an anthology of futuristic morality tales that were sexually explicit, violent and loaded with curse words. The animation actually wasn't really good, and the stories themselves were rather pedestrian. Cool music though. E.G Daily, voice of Tommy Pickles and Buttercup was the main character in one story and you get to hear her have an orgasm. They played this over and over again on Teletoon's late night block.
ONTD, what is your fave Teletoon cartoon?
Kylie Jenner -- Thanks, Tyga, for My Birthday Whip!!! (VIDEO) http://t.co/pxIsmkHpfr— TMZ (@TMZ) August 8, 2015
....but he can't even pay his rent
- Kylie Jenner visited patients undergoing renal dialysis at Children's Hospital Los Angeles on Friday, Aug. 7th (three days before her 18th birthday)
- Arrived with care packages that included items such as Beats headphones, Barefoot Dreams blankets, kidney-friendly candies, and Arthur George socks designed by her brother Rob Kardashian
- She helped some kids make friendship bracelets, and then gave each one a disposable camera to take pictures of each other
picture caption: "Let the birthday celebrations begin! First stop: @childrensla"
Source: Us Weekly
Why 'The Diary Of A Teenage Girl' Is The Most Important Feminist Film Of 2015
"It’s hard to find a film that accurately and truthfully portrays the sexual experiences of a teenage girl – strange considering it’s a subject that concerns half of the world’s population. As such, Californian writer/director Marielle Heller’s astonishing debut film, The Diary Of A Teenage Girl, feels revolutionary in refusing to trivialise its characters’ natural feelings, while also deftly traversing such an emotional and ethical minefield." (Rhian Daly, NME)
The Diary of a Teenage Girl Should Be Required Viewing
And not just for teenage girls
"The first time Minnie Goetz (Bel Powley) has sex, she marks her lover with an “X,” triumphantly drawn from her own blood. She commands him to take her picture, curious about what a 15-year-old teenager looks like moments after losing her virginity." (Lisa Schwarzbaum, TIME)
The Diary of a Teenage Girl
Get ready for sex, drugs and a breakout performance in this extraordinary coming-of-age movie[…]
"Heller's film is saying that this is what it feels like for a girl. Deal with it. Powley is sensational, expertly blending hilarity and heartbreak. Her scenes with Wiig, sublime in her hard-won gravity, are unique and unforgettable. Just like the movie." (Peter Travers, ROLLINGSTONE)
'The Diary of a Teenage Girl' is vivid, even shocking, but a rare gem
"Big summer action movies can be thrilling, but if you really want to feel your heart pounding out of your chest, try being a 15-year-old girl for 101 minutes." (Rebecca Keegan, LA TIMES)
‘Diary of a Teenage Girl’ Is a Revolutionary Portrait of Adolescent Sexuality
"What’s perhaps most invigorating about Diary is its dead-set refusal to judge its protagonist, or condemn her to a lifetime of regret. She may be in thrall to Monroe, and may be manipulated by him, but at a certain point she’s manipulating him right back (and is ultimately the one who can put the kibosh on the whole thing). Movies about being young and sexual — movies which, yes, are usually made by men — tend to view an experience like Minnie’s as a sob story, an ordeal from which she shall never recover (whereas a young man in her shoes would chalk up such a fling as a rite of passage, to be checked off and learned from). Minnie, however, won’t have it. 'I refuse to be some sniveling crybaby,' she announces, in what begins as an confession but becomes her manifesto. 'I’m a woman, and this is my life.'" (Jason Bailey, FLAVORWIRE)
Absolutely in love with this film. I found myself relating to it countless times in ways no other film has touched me. Yaaaas female filmmakers. Yaaaas animated penises. Show it some love, ONTD! <3
SOURCE: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Beyoncé's hometown Houston is close to legalizing discrimination against the LGBT community. With one Instagram post, Beyoncé could help make sure her hometown doesn't repeal protections for the Houston LGBT members. For the past 15 months, Houston has been in a legal battle over the city's Equal Rights Ordinance known as "HERO." The ordinance which was passed by city council in 2014 bans discrimination against LGBT members in employment, housing, public accommodations, etc. Opponents have fought to put HERO on the ballot for repeal this November, and thanks to a Texas Supreme Court Decision, they'll likely succeed.
Carlos Maza, who's running the #BeyBeAHERO campaign makes a compelling case that it’s reasonable for her to step in and voice her support. Beyoncé isn't a stranger to politics, having drawn attention to the death of Freddie Gray and supporting the #BlackLivesMatter movement. She’s also been an outspoken advocate for marriage equality especially when she celebrated the Supreme Court’s ruling this summer with her #LoveWins Instagram post.
Beyoncé Is Being Asked On Social Media To Defend LGBT Rights In Her Hometown Of Houston http://t.co/dBAILzPP5f— BuzzFeed LGBT (@BuzzFeedLGBT) August 6, 2015
Do you think Beyoncé will speak up in support of HERO, ONTD or will she ignore it?
Kylie Jenner -- Thanks, Tyga, for My Birthday Whip!!! (VIDEO) http://t.co/pxIsmkHpfr— TMZ (@TMZ) August 8, 2015
Sources: 1 - 2
- Priyanka Chopra is the highest-paid actress in India and now she's leading ABC's "Quantico" premiering September 27 at 10 pm
- "Quantico" is a series about FBI recruits with one of them being a future terrorist mastermind who attacks New York City
- Says she wanted to be part of American television which she calls the "best content in the world" and that when she went to school in America, she never saw anyone with her color skin on TV. She notes that she didn't want to be cast for the color of her skin but her acting ability though.
- ABC allowed her to look at several scripts, of which she chose "Quantico." She mentions that her character Alex Parrish was a female Jason Bourne which she loved.
- Says she hopes her schedule will allow her to continue doing movies in India as well as TV in America
- You can catch a trailer for the show here
- Angela Zhou plays Fong/Mei, 1 of a few new Asian characters on the currently-airing 5th season of AMC's "Hell on Wheels" (after they were shamed into including Asian characters for this story about American railroads)
- Her character is basically Mulan with Fong being the male disguise of Mei
- She was originally told Mei was a tomboy before finding out she was disguising herself as a man
- She had a transgender man (aided by friends in the trans community) as her gender consultant instructing her on how to change her mannerisms to be more masculine
- Read about the Chinese immigrant experience from "The Chinatown War" by Scott Zesch and watched "Becoming American: The Chinese Experience" on DVD
- Ken Jeong plays himself on ABC's "Dr. Ken," a sitcom based loosely on his life as a physician premiering October 2 at 8:30 PM
- Credits "Knocked Up" and "The Hangover" for his break in showbiz
- Maintains that his Mr. Chow character from "The Hangover" is an ironic take on Asian tropes
- His show will be the second series on air in America featuring a primarily Asian-American cast, alongside "Fresh Off the Boat," coming 21 years after Margaret Cho's failed sitcom "All-American Girl" made history as the first Asian-American family on TV.
- Promises a more grounded experience than his previous characters
- It will feature an Asian family without the accents and be a show about people who happen to be Asian rather than a show primarily about being Asian
- Hopes this show will provide another layer in diversity of Asian representation
- You can view a trailer for the show here
- Daniel Wu executive produces and stars in AMC's "Into the Badlands" premiering November 15 at 10 PM
- The show will be 6 hour-long episodes loosely based on Chinese tale "Journey to the West"
- Wu will star as Sunny, a great warrior who travels across a future, feudal America with a young boy named MK (played by Aramis Knight of German, Eastern Indian, and Pakistani descent) as they search for enlightenment
- Wu wants to elevate his martial arts show into a show with emotional complexity and depth like "The Walking Dead"
- As a Chinese-American, he had little role models on TV, but looked up to Jackie Chan, Jet Li, and Bruce Lee. They inspired him to get into martial arts
- He says the production schedule involving the fight scenes is modeled on how Jackie Chan produces his
- You can view a trailer for it here
post made possible by the list ontd made in that gemma chan post
Caitlin talks about how Professor's are not thoroughly guiding the students.
Bill talks about how different college life is.
Deaf West Theatre's innovative hit revival of the musical "Spring Awakening" in Los Angeles will be coming to Broadway this fall for an 18-week limited run Sept 8 - Jan 9, with tickets on sale now. The production will bring its entire original cast of rebellious students to New York, amounting to 20 Broadway debuts (including 10 deaf actors).
The cast will also feature Broadway veterans and former Smash castmates Krysta Rodriguez (First Date, In the Heights) as Ilse and Andy Mientus (Les Misérables, "The Flash") as Hanschen— both of whom performed the show at the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts, prior to its Broadway transfer. Additional casting will be announced shortly.
Deaf West's production of Spring Awakening is performed simultaneously in American Sign Language and spoken and sung in English by a cast of 27, with deaf actors voiced by their hearing counterparts. Directed by Michael Arden, ASL is seamlessly incorporated into Spencer Liff's choreography and deafness is included as a vital part of the storyline.
Deaf West was last represented on Broadway with the triumphant Tony Award-winning production of Big River in 2003. Their revival of Spring Awakening recently completed an extended, critically-acclaimed engagement at The Wallis in Los Angeles where the production was expanded from its original, sold-out run at the 99-seat Rosenthal Theatre in downtown L.A.
The Los Angeles Times called Deaf West's Spring Awakening "an emotional triumph," and said that it "awakens us to the dormant possibilities of this musical, with all the goose-bumps and teardrops to prove it. This is a show for anyone who wants to see a contemporary American musical superbly done."
Spring Awakening opened on Broadway on December 10, 2006 and received eight Tony Awards including Best Musical. A re-imagining of Frank Wedekind's 1891 play with music by Duncan Sheik and book and lyrics by Steven Sater, Spring Awakening depicts how young people navigate the thrilling, confusing and mysterious time of their sexual awakening. The story centers around a brilliant young student named Melchior, his troubled friend Moritz and Wendla, a beautiful young girl on the verge of womanhood.
Re-worded from source
HALLELUJAH, PRAISE THE LORD!! I know I keptbegging for this show to come here to NY, but I didn't actually believe it could happen. This is fucking amazing. With Hamilton and now Deaf West's SA, this Broadway season is turning out flawless.
If this were a movie, I would ride off into some blood red sunset down the stretch of desert road into the wasteland that keeps us captive here. But this isn’t a movie, these are the Badlands.
SOURCE | Pre-order BADLANDS
Are you excited for Halsey's upcoming concept album ONTD?
the concert will be september 30 in tel aviv
this comes 3 months after kim and kanye went to israel to baptize north
Ray Rice is hopeful people will be able to forgive him and that he might be able to play again. He was fired from the Ravens team last season and hasn't played ever since.
"I can understand some people probably never will forgive my actions," he said. "But I think that every step that I took going forward right now -- over time, I want to be able to rewrite the script, to tell my daughter that daddy made the worst decision of his life, but this is what I did going forward.
"To the survivors of domestic violence, I understand how real it is, and I don't want to ever take that for granted because this is a real issue in our society. My video put the light out there -- if you have never seen what domestic violence looks like and you look at my video, I could understand why some people would never forgive me."
I guess the video won't embed, but you can see it at the source.
Does he deserve a second chance, ONTD? Is he a rehabilitated man?
The Trump campaign released a statement earlier today, clarifying Donald Trump's earlier comment about Megyn Kelly. In the statement, the Trump campaign calls Megyn Kelly a "mess" and says that the blood coming out of Megyn Kelly's "whatever" was referring to her nose. The statement goes on to call anyone who thought otherwise a "deviant," and ultimately proclaims that Donald Trump won the debate.
Are you a deviant?