Articles on this Page
- 08/07/15--12:11: _Celebs @ the "Hamil...
- 08/07/15--12:12: _Heather Matarazzo o...
- 08/07/15--12:13: _Scarlett Johansson'...
- 08/07/15--12:33: _Canadian Pop Prince...
- 08/07/15--12:34: _RIHtiree hits the b...
- 08/07/15--12:34: _'Casanova' trailer ...
- 08/07/15--12:35: _A post starring som...
- 08/07/15--13:12: _First photos of Bri...
- 08/07/15--13:23: _Britney Spears: God...
- 08/07/15--13:52: _Howard Stern "upset...
- 08/07/15--14:09: _Here's what Kimye a...
- 08/07/15--14:12: _Colin Morgan to sta...
- 08/07/15--14:12: _American Horror Sto...
- 08/07/15--14:14: _The Little Rascals'...
- 08/07/15--14:21: _Sephora Subscriptio...
- 08/07/15--14:50: _Lupe Fiasco to batt...
- 08/07/15--14:50: _Beyoncé launched a ...
- 08/07/15--15:02: _Cast of Fantastic F...
- 08/07/15--15:44: _Little Mix Perform ...
- 08/07/15--15:49: _Sole black actress ...
- 08/07/15--12:11: Celebs @ the "Hamilton" Broadway Opening Night
- 08/07/15--12:13: Scarlett Johansson's wax sculpture unveiled at Madame Tussauds
- 08/07/15--12:33: Canadian Pop Princess Alexz Johnson Has A New Single Out!
- 08/07/15--12:34: RIHtiree hits the beach in Barbados; thinks life is a photoshoot
- 08/07/15--12:34: 'Casanova' trailer starring 👑 Diego Luna 👑
- 08/07/15--13:12: First photos of Briana Jungwirth's baby bump
- 08/07/15--13:23: Britney Spears: God is greater than science
- 08/07/15--14:09: Here's what Kimye allegedly named their future baby boy
- 08/07/15--14:12: Colin Morgan to star in new BBC supernatural drama
- 08/07/15--14:12: American Horror Story: Hotel inspired by Elisa Lam incident
- Murphy says this season was inspired by the case of Elisa Lam.
- Sarah Paulson will play a drug addict who's “quite dark,” “vile” and “nasty": “I think she’s sexy. She’s a drug addict — not that drug addicts are sexy, but this girl happened to be quite sexy."
- Lady Gaga will play Elizabeth, a “wealthy social doyenne,” who is “consumed with art and fashion and people, and she has a nefarious plan that is revealed in the first episode.” She will be bisexual and have relationships with Matt Bomer, Angela Bassett and Cheyenne Jackson's characters.
- Denis o'Hare: “I’m playing Liz Taylor, movie icon. I shaved my head for the part — and other body parts. I work in the hotel and the lounge called Blue Parrot Lounge.”
- 08/07/15--14:14: The Little Rascals' Waldo covered Demi Lovato's Cool For The Summer
- 08/07/15--14:21: Sephora Subscription Boxes Are Coming Soon
- Sephora is testing out a $10 a month box subscription.
- Each box will include Sephora samples, application tips, Spotify playlists and coupons for one-on-one tutorials for the products in the box
- The service will launch in Boston, Cincinnati and Cleveland to start. More cities will be added in 2016.
- 08/07/15--14:50: Lupe Fiasco to battle Yasiin Bey (Mos Def)
- 08/07/15--14:50: Beyoncé launched a brand new line of temporary tattoos
- 08/07/15--15:44: Little Mix Perform a Sneak Peek of New Track "The End"
Yvette Nicole Brown
Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick
Jon Bon Jovi with family
Samuel L. Jackson
Jake Gyllenhaal and Susan Sarandon
Lucy Liu and Spike Lee
source | source | source
Heather Matarazzo did an interview with MTV and discussed fighting sexism in Hollywood, how being told she was "unfuckable" crushed her self-esteem, and more.
From her blog: "When I was 19 or so, I was standing in a Starbucks in West Hollywood with a director, talking about the upcoming film we were about to shoot...Waiting for our coffee, I could see that he seemed a bit uneasy. I asked him if everything was ok. He said yes. I didn't believe him, so I asked him again. He looked at me and said 'Heather, I'm sorry, we have to give your role to another actor. The producers don’t want you.' I didn’t understand. I had been attached to this project for two years, and now two weeks before filming, I'm being let go. I asked him why. He looked me dead in the eyes and said 'They say you're not fuckable.' Well, fuck me. Even as I write this, I can still feel the pain, shame, and humiliation that came over me in that moment."
MTV asked her if anything has changed for her in the years since that happened, and Matarazzo replied: "Truth be told that was one specific incident, and the response that I got was nothing but positive. But the bigger point that I was making in that blog was the perception that I have about myself, and how easy it is to advocate one's own power based off what other people say. You're saying I'm not fuckable; then that must be true.
Getting to the other side of that and saying 'oh, that’s a lie, that's actually not true'… that's when my perception changed about myself. Everything else changed; the roles that I started going out for changed, the description of the characters changed. It doesn't negate the fact that, of course, there are people that are sexist, that are shallow, that are only looking at the outside in terms of what woman can bring to a screen. But that's always been the case. For me, [it's about] personally not believing the hype and the lie, and then getting to see actual change in the opportunities that I've been given once I stopped believing that lie that I wasn't fuckable."
You can read her thoughts on working with female directors, wanting more opportunities for women in Hollywood, (false) Princess Diaries 3 rumors, and more at the source.
Madame Tussauds New York unveiled the first-ever wax figure of Scarlett Johansson in Times Square in New York City on July 30, 2015.
A couple of non-wax Scarlett pictures, for comparison:
Source 1, 2
Canadian artist, Alexz Johnson (mostly famous for hit show Instant Star) has a new single and video out.
It's a heartfelt tune titled "Heart Like That". Here's the music video for the tune.
what is your favorite instant star episode, ontd?
While most artists are getting ready to release new music in Q3 of 2015, Rihanna was busy in her home country of Barbados paddleboarding without one single fuck to give. Can someone get her! I'm tired! Not going to lie though.....I did choose a healthy snack after making this post.
They're probably thinking "Where is R8?"
Did you go on vacation this summer ONTD? Where did you go?
(more at the source)
Ming Xi for Harper's Bazaar Hong Kong
Jun Ji Hyun's super (korean) blockbuster hit ASSASSINATION is coming to North America August 7 (that's today!!!)
Cities, trailer and check out her new shoot for HERA cosmetics under the cut.
Coming to: Atlanta, Birmingham, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Aiea (Hawaii), Houston, LV, LA, NYC, NJ, Philly, Phoenix, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, D.C., Anchorage (Alaska); Toronto, Vancouver [more info]
Sources: SQ's Harper's Bazaar China + Esquire | MX shoot | JJH for HERA + ASSASSINATION cities + ASSASSINATION trailer
She posted the following quote on her Instagram saying God is more important than science.
What do you think ontd?
Cersei Lannister’s “walk of shame” in the Game of Thrones season five finale was filmed twice, once with a clothed Lena Headey and again with a naked body double, who had never done a nude scene before.
Along with Redditors, Howard Stern was annoyed about this
Howard Stern's reaction:
“It was such a let down when he found out, when they went on our website and we talked about how it wasn’t Lena Headey…
“He was really upset about it. He felt cheated, he felt that, ‘Wow, I’ve invested five seasons in this show, I think Lena Headey’s beautiful, and she finally did this amazing nude scene…’ and then he found out it wasn’t her, and he felt bad.”
EXCLUSIVE: And the name of Kim and Kanye's new baby boy is... http://t.co/Cq6hESsGZl— Daily Mail Celebrity (@DailyMailCeleb) August 7, 2015
and the name is....
do u believe it ontd? what do you think he'll be named? place ur bets here.
‘American Horror Story’: Lady Gaga & Entire Cast’s ‘Hotel’ Characters Revealed http://t.co/8MFoSagYKZ— Variety (@Variety) August 7, 2015
More info at the Source
I'm a big fan of Demi Lovato, her incredible voice, and her willingness to be a source of empowerment and positivity. Obviously I'm obsessed with her awesome "Cool For The Summer" so I decided to put my own spin on it. I'm a mid-century nut so I gave it a lil' throwback, late 50's, early 60's vibe (basically an excuse to wear some vintage duds at the beach and to the pool!) And just for fun I shot this whole little thing on my iPhone over the weekend. Hope you enjoy!
Sources: YouTube + Twitter
-Yasiin issued a challenge on youtube inviting any rapper to battle him
-Finds the current rap records corny
-Invited the Red Bull Music academy to put $1mil down and will donate his winnings to charity
-Lupe accepted via his instagram page
Dear Yasiin Bey,
Whenever, wherever, whoever... Sincerely,
Source // Source
Drake could never
CR Fashion Book published an exclusive story with Beyoncé modeling her new temporary tattoo designs.
The collection includes five sheets (57 designs) of jewelry-inspired tattoos designed by Beyoncé and Flash Tattoos founder Miranda Burnet. Designs include black and metallic gold bees, honeycombs, chains and medallions, as well as song titles and phrases like "Pretty Hurts,""Blow,""Crazy in Love,""I woke up like this," and "Put a ring on it." They can be yours for just $28 and you can order them here: http://www.flashtat.com/beyonce-x-flash-tattoos/
Source 1, 2
show off your tattoos, ontd!
Little Mix were at Channel 933 in San Diego earlier today and performed a new song.
The host recorded it on periscope
THE END: pic.twitter.com/xJh47i9w8G— Little Mix Promo (@BrasilLM) August 7, 2015
a fan account said that the a cappela tracks are supposed to be the interludes on the album.
- Hazelle Goodman played a wacky hooker named Cookie in Woody's "Deconstructing Harry" back in 1997
- She is currently the only black actress to be featured in a Woody Allen film with Chiwetel Ejiofor being the only black male (in "Melinda Melinda")
- In the interview she responds to a question about the criticism that Woody Allen only casts white people in his movies with this: "Here’s my take on that: Any filmmaker has the right to create his vision. That’s his vision. That’s how he sees the world. And he has a right to that, just like if Spike Lee does a film, he puts a lot of black folk in it. Everyone is creating from their vision. If Woody sees the world that way, that’s Woody’s world. I don’t trip about that."
- When pressed further about how cities like San Francisco, London, Paris, and New York are much more diverse than depicted in his films: "The world is multicultural. But again, everybody has their vision. I just have that attitude about life. Whatever you want to see, you go create it. If that’s his reality, then that’s his reality."
- On diversity in Hollywood: "I don’t really have that spirit that just waits on people to pick me. And that’s what’s most important is finding your voice and getting heard rather than getting in the conversation of: "Oh, they’re not casting us." I hate that conversation. It’s such a victim conversation. Who cares? Go write, create, speak out."
ontd, are people of color invisible to you?